Monday, June 11, 2012

Travel for Beads Project 2

Yesterday, I spoke of a new (2nd hand) bead book I discovered and bought from Booksale in Makati Cinema Square.  Beading with World Beads.

Who would have thought that an interesting selection of 2nd hand books and a few amazing beaded trinkets may be found in this shady dvd mall (read: piracy).  Shady was how J. Bond's American co-worker described the mall.  But he was happy with his purchased Golex Rolex watches.  And I am giddy and inspired by my book.

Back to the book.  Upon first sight, I knew there was no letting go.  I went through the entire book with a heightened sense of excitement.  Beads found from different parts of the world as shown in every page had left me dreaming of travel once again. 

The book had listed a number of beads found from various parts of the world.  Venetian trade beads are beads I dream of working on someday.

Traveling to the Amazon Rainforest have never crossed my mind.  But I am considering  now,  for tagua nut beads.

With that, I am turning this world bead fascination into reality by kicking it off with a booked and confirmed travel towards the latter part of the year.  That's how gung ho I am.

Online ordering will have to be put on halt for just a bit. Taking adventurous trips  of exploring the book's listed destinations while on the hunt for beads is more breathtaking and exciting.   Here is the list:
  • West Africa - clay, sand-cast and lost wax beads
  • Venice - Venetian trade beads
  • Nepal - Tibetan turquoise and crushed coral beads
  • Yemen - Hand-stamped bead
  • India - Bali-style silver, bone and horn beads
  • China - Cinnabar beads
  • Germany - Antique marble beads
  • Morocco - Enamel beads
  • Greece - Olive wood beads
  • Amazon Rainforest - Tagua nut beads
  • And from where I am, Philippines - assorted wood beads which apparently needs a more extensive exploration on my end.
Let's see what happens next.  No timetables exist on my Travel for beads project.  My aim is to enjoy and be more inspired.  Cheers!



1 comment:

  1. My partner аnԁ I stumbled over hеre сoming from a ԁifferent website and thought I might as wеll check things out.
    I like what ӏ sеe ѕo now i'm following you. Look forward to looking into your web page repeatedly.
    Visit my web blog : appliedbusinessforecasting.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails