Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Chiqui is laughing because of my shoes...again!


"Dear Lord, my shoes are falling apart.  Please please please .... HELP .... I pray that those seated by the front have blurred vision!!!" Hilarious but yes, I must have said this prayer more than a hundred times while in between my church lines.   See those silver shoes?  Nightmare!!!  The straps had snapped off just right before the bridal march, and just a minute away from me saying my first line, "Please all stand".   J. Bond was my shoe and toes lookout.  All  straps were tightly tucked and pressed underneath my toes. I didn't dare move. Otherwise, my shoes would have flown.  I had told Chiqui  of my nightmare only after the ceremony.  I wouldn't dare tell her while in action, otherwise I would have lost my lines.  She only had this to say, "AGAIN!!! Hahaha!!!".  Yes, this ain't the first time, but rather, the nnnnnnnnnnnTH time.  Obviously, this has been my long time curse, while bag and pants zippers come second.

Yesterday, a cousin's wedding took place.  I came prepared with 2 pairs of shoes in tow plus a pair of slip-ons that I regularly use for driving and grocery shopping.  Of course, the expected had happened. Again.

The first, a high-heeled shoe that broke as soon as I had stepped foot on the Church's parking grounds.  I have had this pair for more than 5 years and have never been worn.  Until yesterday. For 10 seconds.

Not to worry.  I had my second pair which were on the flat side. I had brought this in anticipation of the running I was to do while taking photos.  The last time I have worn this pair was four years ago and at work.  Unfortunately, this pair had only reached the church's entrance.  See that nasty smile?  Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Thank God, my driving and grocery slip-ons remains sturdy and reliable. I wear this almost everyday.


I had asked J. Bond to take this photo of me for Chiqui's sake.  While at Church, Chiqui and I had a quick exchange of text messages regarding my shoe curse.

Me:  I'm in a wedding.  Guess what happened...again!
Chiqui:  OMG.  Your shoes?  Your bag?  (she knows!!!)
Me:  My shoes.  I brought three pairs.  The first two wakwak (broken)!  The first only reached the parking lot.  The second hanggang church entrance.  And the third is my grocery pair. So far so good.  Hahaha!  I swear palpak!!!
Chiqui:  Hahaha!  Trix!  Some things never change!

So Chiqui, I swear I will end this curse.  I will wear my grocery or driving shoes on special occasions from now on.  No more fancy looking heeled or flat shoes for me.  Lol! 

To dear readers, should you have tips on how to store and care for shoes, please feel free to share these with me.  This curse has got to end.





3 comments:

  1. Hi! I came upon ur blog because I was looking for "finds" any "great finds" in quiapo and then I can't stop reading ur blogs now :-D anyway, most of my friends tell me that a shoe that has been worn 1-3 times, kept for a long time then used again will always be bound for destruction lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I came upon ur blog because I was looking for "finds" any "great finds" in quiapo and then I can't stop reading ur blogs now :-D anyway, most of my friends tell me that a shoe that has been worn 1-3 times, kept for a long time then used again will always be bound for destruction lol!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails