Thursday, February 9, 2012

Wow 93

There's no doubt I fear the unescapable thought of ageing.  Who doesn't?  This year is a big year.  An end to a decade, then off to the next.  I am swamped with wonder on what's next.  What's in store.  What then.  What-ever! I have nine more months.

Yet, events happen for a reason.  In this case, forcing my five shut senses to grasp as to what ageing is truly all about. 

Wow, my grandaunt (my maternal grandfather's sister) just turned 93! How time flies. 

It seems like only yesterday when I  spoke how beautiful 90 is.

With Mom and my cousin.  Strong and continues living life to the fullest.  She looks forward to celebrating her 94th birthday already. 

Blessed with a loving family...

Ten children...

and, a lot of Grandkids.

I cross my fingers that more of these events come my way.  An assurance on what perks come with  ageing, and how beautiful it can be.  But in the meantime, I am preparing. For what?...defying and smashing fear.  I can do this.  Besides, there's no other way but age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails