Friday, April 22, 2011

My Un-INVOLVED Youth :)

In high school (even while in college), I don't remember myself as being extra-active nor extra-involved in school clubs or organizations.  Not even in extra-curricular activities.  I was once a short-term member of the Pep Squad for the reason that Cecile headed it.  A few practices later on, my dear friend found me and Karla of no use since we abused the friendship  literally just hanged loose and consistently laughed out loud.  Thus, we were politely requested to quit.  *Haha, hurt feelings long healed and forgotten but a topic we joke about to this day.  Then, we moved on and joined the Debate Team. As timekeepers!

So when Molino 2's PARADA PARA SA KALIKASAN  AT LARONG PAMPALAKASAN (parade for Mother Earth and Summer Sportsfest 2011) happened on April 3, I couldn't help but admire how involved and excited the youth were.  Something I was definitely NOT back then.

Start of the parade.

There were a total of 26 basketball teams, all composed of youth.

Muses in gowns and floats made from recycled materials.

Of course, I had my little pharmacy entourage who provided first aid services.

Past is past. I know.  Youth is something I cannot bring back so as to be more-active and  be more-involved.  But, there's still time.  Better late than never, right?!

A heartfelt thanks to the following:
*Barangay Molino II Sangguniang Kabataan
*My Pharmacy Officer, Ram, for the photos and for working on this project while I was having fun in Baguio. Good job!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails