Friday, September 2, 2011

4-day Long Weekend

Not By Beaded Story's work.  Credit goes to http://www.pollysbeads.com.au/.
 I borrowed the photo for its Christmas concept. 
Just in a blink, the "ber" months have arrived.  How time zooms fast! And there is no such thing as waiting any longer, I have officially begun my shopping spree for the holidays.  True!  My mode is to start real early when malls are still F-R-E-E from that stressful rush.  Besides,  I'm off to a busy Christmas with the "B-s" of my life -- beads and bazaars. So, the thrilling task of shopping must be out of my way by the time the rush picks up.

With that, J. Bond says I have transformed myself into a horrible recluse beading monster once again.  My social life heavily revolves around beads and my neverending telenovelas.  Of course, there is still the Pharmacy which I oversee less these days.  I'm in peace and very grateful of my team now.  The storm we went through months ago is over and done.  Though I now bead with extra care and with an elbow brace, there is no denying of the triple time production I am currently going through.  I am excited with the many opportunities my bead creations have recently faced despite my seasonal bead mood swings -- overseas recognition, online orders, multiple bazaar invites, and new consignment opportunities aside from Sonya's Garden.

I included Sonya's Garden in my to do list over the four-day long weekend.  It has been more than two months since my last visit, and there is already an urgent need to deliver new stocks. Since other important matters popped out of the blue, everything else, including Sonya's Garden, took a backseat.

First, J. Bond craved for Arabic food after his long nap looking like this. Lol!

While J. Bond napped, I hoped for a good photo of myself and my Blue Moon flora necklace.  Difficult!

I asked J. Bond's help to take that good shot, but he deliberately continued on with his pretense of being in deep slumber despite my multiple nudges.  Yet, a totally different scenario happened when I said, "LET'S GO!!!".  I found myself here next...an Arabic restaurant found along El Grande Avenue, BF Homes, Paranaque named Mahran Snack Inn and Restaurant.  My first time, and I am now totally hooked on Arabic food.

Then, I panicked after having eaten too much.  I belly danced with the twins.  My latest exercise video craze.

 Next stop, Church of Antipolo for Lola's (grandmother) mass service.

The Church  of Antipolo seemingly looks smaller than it used to be.  Maybe that? Or perhaps, I grew, became older, thus resulting to a shrunken visual perspective.  But it felt good to be back here.  A flashback of my childhood Christmases in Antipolo.

My long weekend's highlight, a 101 introduction to the world of Angry Birds by my 3-year old nephew and my 1-year old niece. 

The toddlers were excellent in playing Angry Birds.    They knew by heart, even with eyes closed, the ins and outs of playing the game, and much more operating the computer.  Marvelous!  And this has left me with a reflective mood with regards to my side of the computer spectrum. I still refuse communicating with Mother via skype.  I'm not cut for it, not to mention how clueless I was on simply how to operate.  But my nephew and niece just knew their way around.   Oh DUH! 

At the end of the day, I still prefer the ole reliable telephone. 

How about you? What did you do on your four-day long weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails