Saturday, March 24, 2012

My SATURDAY so far

I ain't suprised with the ongoing heavy rains right this moment.  Climate change remember.  But a breath of cool air is definitely a treat.  This morning was rather the opposite.  Horrible summer heat.  But I'm glad good weather was on our side while J. Bond and I did a quick trip to Tagaytay. 

New bead necklaces have been delivered to Sonya's Garden.  Here's J. Bond with the goods.

This year's Flora 3-pendant necklaces are currently available  only at  Sonya's Garden.  Though I have recently shared a photo of the flora collection, it may not be ordered online (yet) given the availability of each design. I have made  ONE black flora and ONE brown flora. The design involved too much knotting, which had expectedly resulted to a painful hand and arm. 
Click HERE to view a clearer photo of these Flora necklaces.

The same story goes for my stone clustered design.  Available only at Sonya's Garden and the knotting had resulted to limited availability.  One piece for each color:  Turquoise, Red, Green, Black and Brown.

The necklaces were delivered close to lunch, at a time when the store is conducive to inventory and displaying. I love having the store all to myself while the rest have their lunch at the dining area of Sonya's Garden. It gives me peaceful time to immerse then depart with my handmade necklaces (I seriously get attached to my work, especially my favorites), and of course browse around other crafts as well.  The stone necklace I wore while I did my Tagaytay rounds today speaks of attachment.  Never been posted nor displayed, though this was not the original intention.  I have learned from past experiences.  My favorites are usually the first to be sold.  So I play safe this time. 

Work at Sonya's Garden ended at two, and J. Bond requested for lunch at Bawai's Vietnamese Kitchen.  We both adore Vietnamese cuisine, so off we went.

We arrived way past lunch.  Bawai's was ours to claim. 

My two favorite colors (Red and Yellow) hung from a vine at Bawai's garden.

Here's a closer look.

The view from our table.  To Bawai and her daughter (a friend), please send my thanks to your staff  for accomodating my late notice.  They were superb!

When it comes to sharing meals, J. Bonds consumes 3/4 while the remaining 1/4 is for my consumption.  But with fresh spring rolls, rules change. 50-50.

My forever order, Bun Bo Xiao (beef on noodles).

And when I thought we were homeward bound, my shopping radar came to life.  This quaint banig stall located near Ming's Garden resulted to quite a long stopover.  Guess what I bought? 
*A note to Ka - Look into this. I can share relevant info with you. A good option for the "market".

 How about you?  How is your Saturday so far?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails