Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mix of scents

My home emits a mix of scents these days.  J. Bond has gone full blast with his cooking, using spices as his power tool.  So we have been both on the spicy side, especially the kitchen. Lol!

Tandoori Chicken Skewers was J. Bond's main dish over the weekend.

Shopping for spices at South Supermarket.

Kashmir's ground turmeric bought from Rustan's Makati.

The recipe from J. Bond's newest cookbook.

Tandoori Chicken Skewers!!!

Since the spicy-ness still lingers, I masked the scent with these new found craft I have been so obssesed with since the holidays.  This, in fact, was spread around as Christmas gifts to family and friends placed in small banig boxes.

A bowl of unscented dried seeds, leaves, twigs from Shopwise. 

At most, 5 drops of your favorite potpourri scent dropped onto the bowl of seeds is enough.  But in my spicy case, I made a deliberate drop of 2 teaspoons of Lavender.  Shake the bowl to spread the oil evenly.  For Christmas, I used Green Apple instead.

No more spicy smell! 
Finally, the house smells good and absolutely conducive to relaxation :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails