Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Love Circle Prayer

Sure, I'd love to get going with my beading. That's what I planned for this month anyway. Bead-Bead-Bead!  Christmas is coming very soon.  Start early before the "rush" begins.  But with my recent medical mishap, life so far have slown down, with ample time to breath, relax, and enjoy my family's sweet and tender loving care =)

Not only that.  I  finally! found time to try-out Bo Sanchez's The Love Circle Prayer.


This ain't  a board game.  Though it looks like one since it comes along with these:  1)  A card showing multiple circles in a a solar system like position, with instructions printed on the right.   And 2), nine pebbles.

A gift given to me a couple of months ago by my friend, Patti, who at that time gave a quick explanation on what it was all about. I had the idea but admittedly I had made no effort to try it out until this "no choice home arrest situation" came along.  So, here's how it goes (a step-by-step guide by Bo Sanchez,  interspersed  with a bit of  "tweaking" and "commenting" from my end) ...

First, a little bit of background. 

Called The Love Circle Prayer, BO Sanchez introduced this special ritual prayer on the following premise:  Pray in the evening before you sleep for seven days, then a Big Promise awaits that will change and transform you and your relationships. (ME:  Oops!  I said my prayer in the afternoon and have already skipped a day.  Is this still valid?  Or better yet, I repeat from the beginning?)

Step 1: Be Grateful For You
Select one stone to represent you. While holding it, thank God for who you are and the blessings of the day. (Example: “Thank you Lord for protecting me from an accident this morning; Thank you Lord that I was able to finish my report and my boss likes it…”) After praying, place the stone at the middle of the “Love Circle” Card.
ME:   How about I use a heart-shape ceramic bead instead of a stone?  I think a bead best represents me :)   And here's what I thanked God for ... "Thank you Lord for answering my prayer! ".

Step 2: Be Grateful For The Love You Received
Select a stone for each loved one in your life. Hold each stone and thank God for how this person blessed you. (Example: “Thank you Lord for my wife’s unconditional love for me.”; “Thank you Lord for my mother’s gift of life to me.”) Place the stone at the outside circle. Repeat for each stone.
ME:  Obviously, I stuck it out with beads!  The stones??? These are on display now.  (Lol).  Now, who are these gracious folks who have "pierced"  the heart?  Start from the star-shape bead then go clockwise (in no particular order)  -- Family1, J. Bond, Family2, Family3, Family4, Friends (one bead), Family5, Doctors and Nurses (one bead).  Here's what I thanked God for in a gist ...

"Thank you Lord for Love and Care of Family, for the gift of "unspoken" friendship, and for healing!".

Step 3: Be Grateful For The Love You Gave

Hold each stone representing each of your loved ones, and thank God for how you were able to show love to that person. (Example: “Thank you Lord I was able to spend time with my son today”; “Thank you Lord I was able to tell my father I loved him today.”) As you do this, move the stone from the outer circle to the inner circle. Note: If you weren’t able to show your love to that person that day, plan how you can do it the next day.
ME:  Yikes, I need major improvement on step 3.  A little MORE loving won't hurt, right?  My apologies to the folks represented by beads 4 to 8.  Hopefully, I make it up to you one of these days.  

I wonder if The Love Circle Prayer truly works.  It's too early to say.  Besides, I  already got the time wrong and skipped a day.  Apparently, this entails a lot more effort, patience and discipline.  Perhaps, having more FAITH also matters.   Time is not a concern here, just allocate 5-10 minutes per day. That's it!  I've decided to start all over again, with seriousness this time :)  I know I can do it.  After all, the best way to enrich the heart is by giving THANKS!

In this LINK, Bo Sanchez further explains why this ritual  will change your life. He says,
If you do this for seven days, you’ll be changed. How? By the power of gratitude. For seven days, you’re reprogramming your mind to look at the way your loved ones bless you. And not how they irritate you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails