Saturday, October 9, 2010

Growing Old and How to stay Young

I'm not into forwarded emails.  I think of them as "junk" and automatically push the delete button  without even taking a glance or two.  Really!  But once in awhile, something interesting does catch my eye and makes me stay on ... for awhile then delete.   Yet there are times, I read til the end then move the file to archives thinking that it may one day be a  probable good source of inspiration most especially during "doubting moments".  In case.

And such as the case of this forwarded email sent by my "forever young" mother.

ON GROWING OLD .....
click to enlarge

It doesn't finish here. But yes, the above words had hit me hard. Lol.

Now let's move on to HOW TO STAY YOUNG =) ... with my few insights in this color.

1.  Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay 'them'. 
Age and Height, I can live with.  I think.  But weight is a different story.  I've gained too fast (and still am) since this fateful day.  Eek!  But seems like the doctors are not worried.  So why be worried? I'm worried.  Period. 

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down. Adios!!! Guess who???

3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer (done), crafts (beading!!! done), gardening (no thank you), whatever. Never let the brain idle. 'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.'

4. Enjoy the simple things.
NOTE TO SELF:  STICK THIS REMINDER EVERYWHERE!  Complex things are detrimental!

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge. Yes! I've been to much of a home-hermit these days because of the love for beads.  Ok fine, and love for J. Bond too.  Eee-ha!

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.  Oh-oh!  The good is definitely not applicable. Unstable is more like it.  But today, I went beyond!  Yuck!

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall (Check. As in, always.  In fact, I used to work there -- for 14 long years.), even to the next county (yup, maybe sometime next year); to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity. xoxo 

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:  Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. AMEN.

Now, here's the part which makes me "dislike" forwarded mails... And if you don't send this to at least 8 people - who cares? But do share this with someone. We all need to live life to its fullest each day. Worry about nothing, pray about everything.

Good luck! I hope you're one of the lucky 8 who gets to read this post first. Spread the word!!! And remember, live and breath.  Tagaytay, see (and kiss) you tomorrow =)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails