Thursday, February 18, 2010

February 18, 2010 WHEN I PEEP OUT A WINDOW

I have this habit of peeping out  a window to check what's happening outdoors.  Early mornings and late afternoons are the best

In the morning, I see folks, mostly in their senior years, from my living room window walking back and forth in their exercise outfits.  Some even do their stretching on a coconut tree in front of my house.  They finish their routine by 8:00 am.

In the afternoon, I gaze at the sway of the trees from my bedroom window as the sun is about to rest.  Absolutely one of the most serene sights I have ever seen.

A peep from my bedroom window.  By the way, I use my shawls to tie my curtains during the day.

And at night, I look out the window and pray that my husband arrives home safe from his long day at work.

Have you ever thought of a window as a beautiful artwork

I DO.

A photo I took from a local trip with my former work colleagues in 2009.  This trip is known as Viaje Del Sol:  The Way of the Sun.  To know more about it, visit www.viajedelsol.org.

But unlike the artworks we know, this 4-sided frame makes you see, feel and breath what is real.  Nothing is still and sights change. I see life when I look out a window.  I SEE ... Children laughing and playing ... Lovers strolling ... Ice-cream man ringing his bell ... Cars passing by ... Neighbors with their pet dogs ... A group of teenage boys about to play basketball ... Three Indian ladies,  in their colorful outfits, leisurely walking and talking at the same time ... folks from a nearby shanty village busy working on their livelihood program (they sew colorful rags and repair jeans) ...  Fresh laundry being naturally dried from the warmth of the sun ... the sun rising  ... and the moon peeping.

I have been taking photos of my bead works beside a window.  I love the natural light that comes through it. My photo becomes alive and colors are more vivid. This is the very 1st photo I took from my bedroom window.

2008 bangle collection.  The colors of the bangles are so vivid.  The bangles were literally tied on the window frame. But  this is a not-so-good photo.  See the window handle on the right?  Lol.

This  next photo of a window I took after a massage became an inspiration for my Flora 2009 Collection.

The inspiration

The result =)

How about you?  I hope you see life in your window too.

1 comment:

  1. I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It's a very easy
    on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for
    me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?

    Excellent work!
    My web-site ; vuelos a hong kong

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails