Thursday, February 25, 2010

February 25, 2010 TOP 1 on my Playlist

2 scenarios... laugh out loud ... or be shocked!







More Free Music at MP3-Codes.com


So which scenario did you choose? Are you done?

Ok! This is what I'm listening to right now. The thought and the urge happened while driving along the long stretch of Daanghari Road (faster route to Cavite from Alabang) and listening to Meryll Streep sing Mamma Mia.

Please do not ask me to translate the lyrics because I absolutely do not understand. Unless a reader from the Ilocos Region can help translate :) But, here are 2 short facts about the song . . .

Title: Manang Biday (in english Older Sister Biday)
Genre: Courtship


The last time I heard this song was when I was still in Grade School. I loved watching old black and white films then. If I'm not mistaken, this song appeared in a movie which starred Gloria Romero.

Yup, I'm right. Did a quick research over the net and found this photo from http://www.video48.blogspot.com/.
You must be wondering now why I am listening to this 50s folk song. Well, it has something to do with the name Biday.

I wonder if someday . . . somewhere . . . someone will call me Manang BEAD-ay!!! Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails