Tuesday, March 30, 2010

a repost on Blue Moon

(March 30)
I belong to a yahoo group called Crazy Planets . . . where anything and everything under the sun (mostly LOL discussions) are talked about.  I declare myself to be a "noonie-noonie" planet since  I rarely reply to the neverending string of correspondences.  I always get lost in the trail. 

Since the topic is relatively new (and while I'm still in the loop),  the hot topic as of yesterday  is about the BLUE MOON tonight.  Click on the word "blue moon" to know more. 

We're going "gaga" over this right now!

To the CRAZY PLANETS, I'm 200% sure that blue will be BLUER THAN BLUE in  a few hours.  Looking forward to the howls . . .

 


__________________________________________________________________
(January 22 blog)
I think I belong to the past. Not recent years ago, but DECADES ago. Listening to the songs of the golden years and imagining what it was like then are such simple yet nostalgic pleasures. But amidst the many songs of yesteryears, there is one song that continue to inspire me...it's Blue Moon by Ella Fitzgerald. Read through the lyrics and you will know why I am inspired by this song . . .

Blue Moon
You saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own

Blue Moon
You knew just what I was there for
You heard me saying a prayer for
Someone I really could care for

And then there suddenly appeared before me
The only one my arms will ever hold
I heard somebody whisper,
Please adore me
And when I looked my moon had turned to gold
Blue Moon
Now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own . .
.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4218R-gBmts - Click on this youtube link to listen to the song Blue Moon.

In my fascination with the song, I tribute one of my Flora arrangements to the song "Blue Moon". Here's a snapshot of 1/4 of the arrangement.



I hope that one day you'll have the chance to take a glimpse and hopefully wear my version of Blue Moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails